If you don’t use the service enough or it is becoming a final burden, you must know how to cancel your Netflix in Australia. It’s pretty easy, and you’ll be unsubscribed in no time!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to cancelling your Netflix subscription.
Cancel Netflix Subscription
When it comes time to stop using Australia’s most used streaming service, you won’t pay any cancellation fees, and you can cancel your Netflix account anytime you wish. You can cancel your Netflix Australia subscription in several ways: through a web browser, mobile app, or tablet.
How to cancel Netflix Australia from a PC or Laptop
- Open the Netflix website on your browser.
- Sign in to your Account.
- Navigate to your icon in the top-right corner of the screen and click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Account.
- You will be redirected to a page with all your account details.
- Click on Cancel Membership on the left of the screen in the membership and billing section.
- Click on Finish Cancellation.
After you unsubscribe from Netflix, the streaming platform will keep your Viewing Activity for ten months. That will allow you to rejoin Netflix as if you have never left.
Did you know that: You can legally use a VPN to unlock geo-blocked content on Netflix. Take a look at the cheapest VPNs in Australia to start watching your favourite series.
How to cancel Netflix Australia directly from the mobile app?
Similarly, you can do the Netflix cancellation process from the mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open the Netflix app on your phone.
- At the top right corner, click on your icon.
- Open the Account menu.
- Scroll down and click on Cancel Membership.
- Confirm your choices by selecting Finish Cancellation.
Cancel Netflix Before Billing Period Ends
Even if you cancel your Netflix subscription, you will still have access to the content on the platform until the end of your billing period. You can find the closing date of your account in the billing details section.
Cancelling Netflix if You Have a Gift Card or Promotional Balance
When you complete the cancellation process, you can continue using Netflix if you have a Gift Card or Promotional Balance. However, when your balance is exhausted, your Netflix Australia account will be automatically closed, and you won’t be able to use the streaming benefits.
Did you know that the traffic of illegal piracy websites streaming TV shows is rising in Australia?
How to cancel Netflix Subscription if your Account gets hacked?
- First, click Need help option on the Netflix login page
- Fill in your login information and billing method
- Next, the customer support team will assist you in recovering your Account
- Once you recover your Account, follow these steps:
- Through your account, tap the Membership and Billing option
- Next, choose the Cancel Membership option.
Netflix Unsubscribe Without Cancel Option
It could happen that you can’t find a Cancel Membership button in your Account settings. In this case, the cancellation button will be replaced with a link and instructions on cancelling Netflix Australia with your billing company.
Additionally, you can cancel Netflix from the list of your active subscriptions on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
To unsubscribe from Netflix by using iTunes, you should:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Click on iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on Apple ID and go to View Apple ID.
- Open your Subscription and cancel your Netflix subscription.
You can do the same from Google Play if you have an Android device.
- Open the menu on Google Play.
- Open the Subscription list, and
- Cancel Netflix.
And lastly, you can cancel your Netflix by using Amazon Prime.
- Open Amazon Prime.
- Go to Account and Lists, and open Memberships and subscriptions.
- Open the Active Subscription list from the View menu.
- Unsubscribe from Netflix.
You might be interested: How to cancel Amazon Prime.
Before you Delete your Account
Let’s face it. We all share the password to our Netflix account. So before you cancel your Netflix subscription, we advise you to change your password and enable the option for all devices to sign in again with the new password. That will prevent everyone who knows your login details from reactivating your subscription without your permission.
1. Can you cancel your Netflix subscription at any time?
Yes, the Netflix subscription in Australia is flexible, and you can cancel or rejoin whenever you want.
2. Does Cancelling Netflix delete your account?
Your Netflix Australia account, including your Viewing Activity, history, account details, and recommendations, will be permanently deleted ten months after you unsubscribe.
3. Will My Netflix Account Expire Just After Canceling Subscription?
No, you can continue watching movies and series until the end of your billing period or until you run out of promotional balance or gift cards.
4. Is it difficult to cancel Netflix?
No, the steps on how to cancel Netflix Australia are straightforward. All you need to do is go to the Account menu, click on Cancel membership and confirm your choice.