Did you forget the password to your WiFi, but you need it immediately?
We have the fastest and most proven ways to find the WiFi password on an iPhone regardless of your operating system.
So without further ado, let’s begin.
How to View WiFi Password on iPhone iOS 16
With the latest software update, finding the WiFi password on iPhone is easy. So, if your iPhone has iOS 16 or later, you can see and copy all saved WiFi passwords directly from your phone’s settings.
Follow these steps to reveal the iPhone WiFi password.
- Open Settings.
- Go to WiFi.
- Tap the info button next to the network you want to see the password.
- Click on the hidden password.
- Use your passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID to unlock.
- Once you’ve authenticated yourself, the WiFi password will be revealed.
You can only copy and view a saved WiFi password on your iPhone if you have previously joined the Wi-Fi network.
Is your iPhone’s battery draining fast? Check how much it will cost to replace it in Australia.
How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone in Router Settings
iPhones are known for their higher security than Samsung phones. That’s why if you have an iPhone with an operating system older than iOS 16, you can find the password to your WiFi network in the router settings.
Here is what you need to do.
- Open Settings on your mobile device.
- Tap on WiFi.
- Click on the information icon of the WiFi.
- Scroll down, find your router’s IPaddress, and copy it.
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone, and paste the router IP address in the search bar.
- Log in if needed by entering the router’s username and password.
- Open the menu and click on Wireless Settings.
- Scroll down and find the WiFi password. If it is encrypted, tap on it to access the password.
Is your iPhone storage full or getting slower? Learn how to clean the cache on your iPhone to speed it up and enhance its performance.
How to Share Wi-Fi Password on iPhone
When you want to share the WiFi password with a friend who also uses an iPhone, the most straightforward way is using the WiFi Share feature. Finding a WiFi password on iPhone is not necessary, and you can only share the password if both mobile devices have the latest version of the iOS operating system.
- Turn on Bluetooth and WiFi on both devices. Turn off the Personal Hotspot.
- Sign in to iCloud and ensure your Apple ID address is saved in the Contact list of your friend’s phone, and vice versa.
- Keep both devices nearby until the WiFi password is shared.
- Keep your iPhone unlocked.
- Select the WiFi network on which you want to connect your friend’s device.
- On your phone, a window will appear, and you should select Share Password.
- The WiFi password will be sent to the other device, and you can click on Done.
You can also use this method to share the password on your iPad or iPod.
How to Find WiFi Password on Mac
You can find all your passwords on iPhone using the Keychain feature from your phone and your Mac.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Click on Apple ID.
- Go to iCloud.
- Find Keychain and turn it on.
- On your Mac screen, click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Open Apple ID.
- Check if the Keychain box and iCloud are selected.
- Open the Finder window and go to Applications.
- Find the Utilities folder and open it.
- Open the Keychain Access application.
- In the search bar, enter the WiFi network name.
- Double-click on the WiFi network.
- In the pop-up window, check the box left of the Show password.
- Enter the username and password you use to log in to your Mac.
- You can see the WiFi password in the Show Password box.
How to Find WiFi Password on iPhone for Your Personal Hotspot
Just like you should take measures to protect your privacy and lock your apps on your iPhone, you must use a password for your cellular data. And if you want to share it with someone, you can access the password to your Hotspot by following these steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Open Personal Hotspot.
- You can view the iPhone WiFi password and the name of your Hotspot.
Once you know which method to use according to the operating system, finding the WiFi password on iPhone is easy! Follow our instructions carefully, and you will be back online in no time!
1. How to see the WiFi password on iPhone 13?
First, ensure your phone has installed at least iOS 16. Then, go to Settings, WiFi network, click on the info button next to the network and use your Face ID, Touch ID or passcode to reveal the WiFI password.
2. How to see WiFi passwords on iPhone without Mac?
If your iPhone has iOS 16 or later, you can view and copy the WiFi password in your phone’s settings. However, you can find the password in the router settings if you have an older operating system. You can also use the Keychain Access application and your Mac computer.
3. How to find WiFi password on iPhone iOS 15?
You can see the password to your WiFi from your iPhone iOS 15 via the router settings and by using the Keychain feature and connecting your phone to your Mac.