The Noa Luxe Mattress is a statement bed, massive and robust but at the same time irresistibly inviting.
It will enrich your home and your sleep, making you feel as if you were in a 5-star hotel. Keep reading our Noa Luxe Mattress Review to find out how they made it happen.
- Luxury-hotel-feel at home
- Innovative eco-friendly materials
- Combination of pocket springs and foam
- High mattress (31 cm)
- Rich in layers
- Visually elegant and luxurious
- Non-removable cover
- On the firmer side
- May not be suitable for side sleepers
- Mattress type: Hybrid (Springs + Foam)
- Mattress depth: 31 cm
- Trial period: 120 days
- Warranty: 15 years
- Price: $1,499
|Value for Money||5/5|
The Noa Home company is based in Canada, with warehouses in Australia, Singapore, and the UK.
The name was inspired by the Co-Founder’s son, Noah, which means ‘bringing peace and comfort,’ and this is precisely what the brand’s mission is.
From initially producing mattresses, the company expanded their product offer to sofas, rugs, beddings, and other home items, which is why they changed the name from ‘Noa Sleep’ to the current ‘Noa Home’.
Material & Construction
Noa Luxe Mattress is a top-end product from Noa Home. It shares some of the layers with its two older brothers, Noa Lite and Noa Mattress, but adds two more:
- Tencel pillow-top – not only visually appealing but also prevents any fabric wrinkles; Tencel is known for its hypoallergenic and antibacterial qualities.
- Cooling gel memory foam – perfectly adapts to your body and relieves pressure; all Noa’s foams are REACH certified.
- Bamboo charcoal latex – the ‘Luxe’ in the name is mainly related to this layer; the company claims it’s an innovation wonder as this exclusive material is eco-friendly and more comfortable than typical foam materials.
- It’s also fragrance-free, allergen-free and non-toxic, which makes it a perfect material for people with sensitive skin. Moreover, it is highly absorbent and repels odours; OEKO-TEX certified.
- Micro-coils – another innovative feature related to the luxurious narrative are these 3-centimetre micro-coils, which make this mattress perfectly responsive to body pressure; they also enhance the overall breathability of the mattress since it is a highly absorbent mesh material.
- Adaptive transitional foam – ensures zero partner disturbance.
- Premium pocket springs – Noa’s base layer is made of five ergonomic zones of pocket spring support, positioned under your lower back and waist; this keeps your spine in a good alignment and reduces back pain.
- Perimeter edge support – the springs are safely encased in a 9-centimetre thick high-density foam.
- Hand-tufted side perimeter – shares the same qualities with the cover layer, minimising wrinkles and keeping all the layers in place.
Noa Luxe is 31 cm thick, the same as its high-end competitor, the Sleeping Duck.
On a 1-10 firmness scale, Noa Luxe Mattress is 7-8, meaning it’s on the firmer side of the spectrum. However, it isn’t completely stiff, which makes it suitable for most sleeping positions and body types. That’s also the reason why 80% of all Noa’s customers choose this firmness option.
IIt is especially recommended if you tend to sleep on your back or stomach since it gives you support in all the right places and keeps your spine in a good alignment. However, if you’re a side-sleeper, you may want to consider adding a topper or getting a softer mattress that we tested and approved.
Since this mattress isn’t foam-only, it is by default less prone to sinkage, but what guarantees durability are the steel springs of the base layer, which also provide extra bounciness.
Hot sleepers, you are going to love the Noa Luxe Mattress. The manufacturers put effort into ensuring maximum comfort and avoiding heat-trapping. This is achieved by using a Tencel cover for mattresses and pillows – a material known for its breathability and absorption.
Moreover, the mattress includes cooling gel memory foam, which keeps you cool and provides deep pressure relief and cushioning at the same time. And did we mention the bamboo charcoal latex? If this feature is important to you, check out the Onebed X premium mattress with a similar breathable layer.
In addition, foam layers are put together by water-based adhesives, so there’s no extra heat-trapping compared to standard mattress bounding.
Excellent motion isolation material is a feature shared by most latex-made mattresses on the market. Still, the Noa Luxe Mattress creators went beyond that – they included a special layer of adaptive transition foam to localise the sleeper’s movements and ensure that both you and your partner are not disturbing each other’s sleep.
Near the edges, there’s a 9-centimetre high-density foam, which helps reduce sagging and enhances the overall durability of the mattress. It encases the pocket springs and excludes any spilling-off of the edges.
With such good edge support, you can place the mattress on your preferred setup, whether it’s a box spring, a bed frame, or the floor, and the company guarantees you won’t experience any sagging.
That said, it’s suitable for heavier sleepers, with a 300-kg weight limit. This is a bit less than Eva’s limit of 400 kg but still gives much more support and pressure resistance when compared to most mattresses on the market.
Durability & Maintenance
Thanks to its many breathable layers that exclude heat-trapping, as well as the odour-repelling effect, the mattress is pretty much self-maintaining. It is built to last.
You won’t need to flip the mattress, but the usual recommendation is to rotate it at 180 degrees every 3-6 months.
However, one precaution step is required – when purchasing the mattress, you’ll want to add a mattress protector to your cart as well, since the original cover isn’t removable. That should prevent it from any stains, and you can rest carefree.
Noa’s bedding palette is wide and varied. Here are a few essentials you’re going to need along with your new mattress:
- Down Alternative Pillow
- Mattress Protector
- Organic Cotton Sheet Sets
- French Linen Sheet Sets
*Depending on the size of your mattress
The beddings are designed and made in Portugal as a part of a hundred-year-old family tradition. You can choose between smooth Cotton Sateen or luxurious French Linen.
In case you need more guidance, you can schedule a free one-on-one virtual consultation with Noa’s team via video or phone.
You can save 10% or more if you decide to purchase your mattress as part of a bundle.
Warranty & Trial Period
The trial period is very generous – you’ll have 120 nights to test your bed from the day it’s delivered.
In case it turns out the mattress isn’t for you, just reach out to the Support Team and the company will pick it up for free and give you a full refund in up to 14 days.
However, you’ll have to test your new mattress for at least 30 nights to allow for the adaptation period before you can request a refund. Returned mattresses are donated to charities or local recyclers.
Note: The company allows one mattress return per household.
The generosity spills out on the warranty period as well, which is 15 years. In comparison, the industry standard is usually around ten years for memory foam mattresses. The same warranty period extends to all Noa products.
Noa Luxe mattress in a box takes no more than 3-4 days to be delivered to your door. There’s an option of choosing a different date, with a possibility of holding your order for up to three months. The company announced potential delivery delays due to changing pandemic conditions.
Once unpacked, the mattress expands in less than a minute. However, the company recommends waiting 2-3 days to reach its full form. You don’t need to unbox it right away, but you shouldn’t wait more than two months.
If you wish for your old mattress to be removed, you can select this option during checkout and pay an additional $100. No matter how many mattresses you purchase, the company offers one mattress removal per household.
Shipping is free on Australian territory.
Sizes & Pricing
All Noa mattresses have a great price-to-value ratio, and the same goes for their Luxe edition. Noa Luxe is definitely cheaper compared to other market competitors of the same type.
|King Single||107x203x31||38 kg||$1,199|
Note: There are occasional special offers on the website with significantly lower prices.
Available payment methods are:
Noa Home lists a couple of positive reviews that claim their mattress is an absolute game-changer on their official website.
Let’s see what customers say on independent review sites.
- Trustpilot – 61% rated it excellent and were overall satisfied with the purchasing process.
- Product Review – Customers reported backache relief and agreed on professional Customer Support service and fast delivery.
- Slumbersearch – It reached 9.7 of 10 in customer satisfaction and even more (9.8) for reducing back pain.
Awards & Certifications
Luxe’s most important acknowledgment is definitely an award for Australia’s ‘Best Back Support’ Mattress in a Box in 2021. This proves customers’ sleep health and comfort are the company’s priority.
All foam layers are REACH-certified, meaning its Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals are compliant with the EU market. This document is equivalent to the US CertiPur certification.
Noa’s materials have less than 0.5 parts per million in Volatile Organic Compound (VOCs) emissions, which means it won’t affect indoor air quality when you unbox the mattress.
It is also OEKO-TEX certified, proving the fabrics are not harmful.
Is Noa Luxe the High-End Mattress of Your Dreams?
It may feel a bit firm if you’re used to foam-only mattresses or tend to sleep on your side. But don’t let this be the reason not to try Noa Luxe, because its quality infrastructure is hard to find on the market at this price.
You know you deserve only the best, especially when it comes to the core activity for your daytime productivity, and as you can see in this Noa Luxe Mattress Review, the mattress is the ultimate act of self-love.
1. Is it suitable for people with allergies?
Yes, the layers that come closest to your skin are hypoallergenic.
2. Is Noa Luxe mattress good?
It’s a premium mattress, ranked highly on review sites, and won Australia’s ‘Best Back Support’ Mattress in a Box award in 2021.
3. Is Noa Mattress made in China?
The company is based in Canada, whereas the mattresses are consciously made in China.
4. Is Noa Mattress too soft?
No, on a 1-10 firmness scale, Noa Luxe is 7-8. In our Noa Luxe Mattress Review, we explain what this means and which sleeping positions it is most suitable for.