MailerLite will not only provide you with useful email marketing tools, but will give you all the necessary knowledge on the topic, and above. But what makes it different, or more precisely, better than its competitors? Is it worth your time and money?
Dig into our MailerLite Review to find out and peek into its pros and cons.
- Expert directory
- Extensive ways of getting answers
- Best email deliverability in 2021
- Rich in features
- Create different user access
- No live chat or phone line for customer support
- Trial period could be longer
- Your account needs to be approved
- Value for money: 9.9
- Free plan: 8.5
- Features: 9.5
- Deliverability: 9.8
- Ease of use: 9.2
- Customer support: 9
- Designs: 8.9
What is MailerLite?
MailerLite is an all-in-one affordable email software, and straight away, you’ll notice it uses an odd colour palette for this industry. For email marketing software, the first colour that pops into your mind is blue, but MailerLite went brave with choosing green as a dominant nuance, making sure you don’t confuse it for something else.
Additionally, don’t be confused by the word ‘Lite’ in the name since this isn’t a lighter version of the original program–there’s no other version, that is. The founders claim that ‘lite’ refers to their way of thinking. Apparently, near to 1.4 million customers worldwide agree with that philosophy.
In other words, their absolute priority is simplicity and a user-friendly approach. Let’s break down its components to see if it’s really true.
Free Version of MailerLite
MailerLite has a free forever plan for up to 1,000 subscribers and 12,000 monthly emails. You can upgrade to paid MailerLite plans as your subscriber list grows and you’ll have the opportunity to test all of MailerLite premium features within a 14-day trial.
However, your emails won’t look as professional if you’re using a free plan, because you won’t be able to remove the MailerLite logo or have access to newsletter templates, promotion popups, or custom domains.
If you’d like more time to test your future email marketing software, Constant Contact for example offers a 60-day trial.
MailerLite Premium Plans
Any serious business will know that free email marketing software isn’t a long-term solution and will eventually look for one at a reasonable price, that can meet all its requirements. After getting used to MailerLite and deciding if it’s right for you, these are starting plans you can choose from:
|Subscribers||Emails/Months||Monthly cost||Annual cost|
Note: As your subscriber list grows, the price will follow, as you can calculate on their website. For high-volume pricing (over 600,000 subscribers), you should contact MailerLite to define the cost.
When compared to other similar solutions, MailerLite is more affordable than Constant Contact, GetResponse, Sendinblue, and CleverReach. But if you’re looking for marketing software at an even lower price, we recommend Campaign Monitor.
MailerLite offers three add-ins that you can purchase individually:
- SitesPro–For 14.23AU$/month, you can publish an unlimited amount of websites and landing pages, as well as have access to MailerLite site-building features.
- MailerPro–You can get a dedicated manager who’ll assist you with using MailerLite features by email or live chat for 142.27AU$/month.
- Dedicated IP–If you send more than 50,000 emails per month, it’s recommended to acquire an isolated sending reputation that comes at a price of 71.13AU$/month.
MailerLite has around 40 features, but we’ll review only the most important and/or innovative ones, and compare them to competitors in the field so that you can have an insight into the most email marketing solutions.
Create a Campaign
- Built-in photo editor–With 1,000 stock photos and 90 presets, there’s no need to use external programs for photo editing.
- Drag and drop editor–An intuitive, time-saving tool for newsletter creation that allows dynamic content integration, without having to code anything.
- Ecommerce campaign–You can easily add ecommerce products to your newsletters, send cart abandonment emails, and more.
However, we didn’t find any tools for SMS marketing, so if that’s an important part of your digital marketing strategy, maybe take a look into some of its biggest competitors.
- Email newsletter reports–Measuring metrics such as unsubscribe count, spam complaints, bounces, open rate, link activity…
Grow Your Subscriber List
- Embedded signup forms–Place them on a website to convert visitors into subscribers, and apply your branding to form design. During signup, users can choose categories that they’d like to receive, to maximise the success rate.
- Landing pages–Choose between premade templates or create a new one using drag and drop editor. You can also convert landing pages into signup forms, which is also possible on SendinBlue.
- Website builder–Drag and drop editor allows you to add and customise content blocks, create a custom domain, add new web pages, and optimise them for search engines. Moreover, you can monitor web analytics and password-protect your website!
- Email automation–Automation workflow that reaches your subscribers with triggered emails at the right time, with the right occasion. And it’s free, unlike most other competitors.
- Personalization–Numerous personalization options, such as adding a customer’s name, birth date, favourite colour or hometown, but also subject line and more.
- Segmentation–Divide your subscriber list into smaller audiences by location, age, behaviour or else, and increase deliverability with targeted emails. You can also combine different segments for maximum performance.
MailerLite offers a total of 131 integrations, including Shopify, WordPress, Drupal, Eventbrite, Facebook, Hubspot, and probably ever other you can think of. However, if you somehow don’t find what you’re looking for, Constant Contact includes around 400 integrations so maybe it’s worth checking there as well.
MailerLite Customer Service
Ways of finding help with MailerLite are listed under ‘Resources’ on their website. Customers can take advantage of:
- Knowledge base–Browse extensive articles with screenshots by various categories.
- MailerLite Academy–Enroll for free to learn useful skills from MailerLite experts and get a chance to earn a certificate. At this point, there aren’t as many courses though.
- Best practices by industry–No matter what your industry is, here you’ll find a guide just for you. There are even guides in the form of podcasts.
- Guide to email marketing–Thorough how-to guides for beginners and advanced marketers.
- Webinars–Video recordings of MailerLite expert explaining all steps of email marketing, including popups, selling products, GDPR, and more.
- Video tutorials–Step-by-step video guides on how to use MailerLite features.
After looking into this content, we have to admit there’s no repetition and that you can most definitely find whatever answer you’re looking for.
From the Knowledge base page, you can directly contact MailerLite customer support by filling in a form. However, we didn’t find a live chat or a phone line for regular customers. If this is a must with you, look into other email marketing software alternatives.
Unfortunately, you won’t have access to 24/7 customer support with the free plan.
On the other side, there’s an official Facebook MailerLite community if you’d like to connect with peers, as well as active accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Youtube. There’s also a separate page for reporting email marketing abuse.
MailerLite Expert Directory
There’s one innovative feature that we haven’t seen with other competitors we’ve reviewed. MailerLite has a directory of experts in digital advertising, business consulting, website design, and more. The best part is, you can browse them based on their location, meaning that you could find professionals from Australia to work with you! And to make sure you’re making the right decision when hiring an email marketing professional for your business, you can also review their portfolios and contact them easily for additional questions.
However, this marketplace operates independently from MailerLite, so it’s up to you to negotiate your requirements and conditions with the expert you chose.
Is This Email Marketing Software For You?
If you’re looking for email marketing-focused software, MailerLite most definitely has everything you need, and it comes at an affordable price. You can easily build websites and landing pages, automate, personalize and segment your emails, even if you’re a novice user, and integration new add-ins according to your needs.
You really have nothing to lose if you give a chance to MailerLite free version, or take advantage of the free trial to check the premium features. However, if it turns out it doesn’t suit you, there are still plenty of options to choose from.
1. What is MailerLite?
MailerLite is an email marketing software that allows you to create eCommerce campaigns, send triggered emails, build websites and landing pages, and integrate with other add-ins, for example, for event management.
2. How do I get approved for MailerLite?
To register on MailerLite, your account needs to get approved by their managers. This requires you to complete your profile with the necessary information. Even if it doesn’t get approved right away, it just means you need to add additional information and resubmit. The fastest way is to verify your website ownership, but you can request approval even if you don’t have a website.
3. How good is MailerLite?
MailerLite has been in the business for over 15 years and has great reviews from around 1.4 million customers around the world. Moreover, it has important industry acknowledgments and awards. In our MailerLite review, we explained everything in detail.