Are you getting ready to watch Australia take down the West Indies on Kayo on your TV? First check if Kayo Sports can be accessed on your SMART TV as this streaming service is only supported on a select number of devices.
So what TVs are compatible with Kayo and is your brand on the list? What other devices can you use to watch Kayo Sports?
We have all the answers and more.
What is Kayo?
Kayo Sports is an Australian streaming service offering live and on-demand sports. The service covers more than 50 sports, ranging from some of the most popular sports in the country to some more obscure ones, such as lawn mower racing and dog competitions.
Kayo currently has 13 sports live channels, including ESPN, beIN SPORTS, FOX SPORTS, Racing.com, as well as fantastic on-demand content, including news, documentaries, interviews, replays and match highlights.
As of June 2022, Kayo Sports has 1.3m users, (an impressive 1.2 million of which are paying subscribers), the latest reports from the Foxtel Group indicate.
Can I get Kayo on my SMART TV?
Depends on the type of TV you have, as sadly Kayo does not support streaming on all SMART TVs.
In fact, you can only watch Kayo Sports on the following TVs:
- LG TVs (models need to be 2018 models or newer & using WebOS 4)
- Samsung TV (2017 and newer)
- Hisense Smart TV (selected 2019/2020 models running VIDAA U3 and U4 software and 2021 operating on VIDAA U5), as well as
- Android TVs (operating on TV OS 7.0 and above)
Did you know that only 9% of users borrow someone else’s Kayo account? The percentage of Netflix users who use a friend’s account is 24%, video streaming stats indicate.
What other devices is Kayo compatible with?
Kayo is supported on a ton of other devices including:
- Apple iPhones and iPads,
- Android phones and tablets
- PlayStation 4 and 5
- Web browsers (Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari and Chrome)
How to Connect Kayo to a SMART TV?
To watch Kayo Sports on any of these devices, you need to
- Download the Kayo app
- Open the app on the TV and click on Sign in
- Scan the QR code with your smartphone or tablet
- Select the popup and go to https://auth.streamotion.com.au/activate
- Press on Confirm once you see the 8-digit code show up
- Your device will log in and then you can watch your favourite sports on your TV screen
You must have an active Kayo Sports subscription to access the platform.
Note: The procedure may vary depending on your SMART TV, but in general, these are the steps to cover.
Can I Stream Kayo on my TV Through Other Devices?
If there is no native Kayo app for your TV, you can access the streaming platform via Chromecast, Apple TV or Telstra TV boxes.
How to get Kayo on my TV using Chromecast?
1. Connect the USB power cable
2. Plug the Chromecast dongle into your TV through the HDMI port.
3. Plug in the power supply (USB or wall socket)
4. Connect the Chromecast device to the Wi-Fi network you are using.
5. Download the Google Home App from iOS or Android (check if you have the latest Google Chrome version on your Mac or PC)
6. Depending on the device you are using, follow the instructions presented on the screen.
Kayo no longer supports the first generation of Chromecast, so if you intend to stream sports, it’s wise to get the more expensive Chromecast Ultra models. Kayo Sports can also be streamed through Chromecast with Google TV and Chromecast 3rd Generation.
How to watch Kayo Sports using Apple TV?
To start watching your favourite sports, simply launch the App Store on the home screen and download the Kayo app.
Apple TV is currently the only way you can sign up for Kayo through your SMART TV.
How to watch Kayo Sports on Telstra TV?
The procedure is the same—simply download the app from the Telstra TV app store. Launch it and you’re done.
Note: If none of these choices works for you, you can simply connect your laptop or PC to the TV using an HDMI cable and access Kayo Sports, or other streaming services. It’s no different than connecting a laptop to a monitor and one of the simplest ways to connect Kayo to your TV.
How Much Does Kayo Cost?
Kayo has three different subscription types you can choose from, all at an affordable price. These include:
- ‘One’ Package: $25/month
- Streaming on one device
- ‘Basic’ Package: $27.50/month
- Streaming on two devices
- ‘Premium’ Package: $35/month
- Streaming on three devices.
All subscription packages offer HD content (on compatible devices), unlimited content, and no lock-in contract.
All options also include a 14-day free trial for new users. But if you decide that you don’t want to spend any money on a subscription service, you can always settle for the Kayo Freebies, which is free sports content available to you when you register on the site. The Freebies change every week, giving you a taste of what a paid subscription has to offer.
1. How can I watch Kayo on my old TV?
If you have an older device, i.e. you don’t have a SMART TV, the best way to get Kayo is to connect your computer to your TV via an HDMI cable. If your television does not come with an HDMI cable, you might want to look into other streaming services or settle for good old scheduled TV programming.
2. Does Kayo work on all SMART TVs?
No, currently Kayo is only available on selected HiSense, LG and Samsung models. It is also supported on Android TV and is compatible with Chromecast, Apple TV and Telstra TV boxes.
3. Why is Kayo not working on my TV?
As with any other service, users may experience troubleshooting problems while streaming on Kayo Sports. This may happen because of:
- Device incompatibility
- Bad internet connection
- Browser issues
- TV device needs rebooting
- Exceeded the maximum number of streams
To try and fix the problem you can look up what TVs are compatible with Kayo to check if yours is on the list or try other solutions, such as refreshing the stream, restarting your device, or reinstalling the app. If all fails, contact Kayo directly—they might be able to help you out.