Instagram has 10 million active users in Australia a month and is the leader for visual content like reels, photos, and videos, is home to influencers, private accounts, and creative businesses.
The save feature on Instagram allows you to save your favourite songs and use them later for your own videos and reels. But, how do you use it?
Don’t worry, the process is rather straightforward. The following article will explain how to save music on Instagram in a few simple steps, so let’s start.
How to Save Music on Instagram?
You just need to follow a few steps in order to save music on your Instagram account:
1. Find a reel with music that you like
2. Click on the song title in the lower-left corner
3. Once you do, you’ll be taken to a page that contains all the reels with that audio
4. Click on the ‘save audio’ option above the reels, right below the song title.
How to Find Saved Audio on Instagram
Finding saved audio on Instagram is really easy, just follow the steps below:
- In your Instagram app, click on your profile tab (bottom-right)
- Tap the menu button (upper-right) and select ‘Saved’
- Open the ‘Audio’ folder and here you’ll find all the music that you’ve saved.
How to Save and Share Music From Instagram Reels
Now that you know how easy it is to save Instagram music, let’s proceed with explaining how to share your saved music:
- Repeat the steps from the section above and once you find the audio you’d like to share, click on its title
- You’ll be forwarded to a page with all the reels that use this audio
- To share the audio, click on the ‘paper plane’ icon in the upper-right corner and send it to others through DM
- If you want to share the audio on another app, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, right next to the arrow
- Select the ‘copy link’ option
- By copying the link, you can share the audio on different platforms.
Note: The ‘save audio’ option works only on iOS and Android phones, but not on the web app. Also, you can only copy the link and share it with friends, but you cannot download the audio directly on your phone.
How to Save and Add Music to Your Instagram Business Account
Music is among the most pirated media content type, and due to copyright reasons, you cannot use music from a recorded artist for your Instagram business account. This is only a problem for business accounts, so it’s pretty easy to go around.
For a while, Instagram had only two types of profiles: A personal profile, and a business profile. The newest addition to the platform is the creator profile, and it offers the same functions as a business profile, plus the ability to save and use music easily.
To switch to a creator profile (whether your profile is currently personal or business):
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to your profile tab
- Tap the menu button in the upper right corner of your Instagram profile
- Tap ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Account’ from the menu
- Scroll down to ‘Switch Account Type’
- Choose ‘creator account’.
There are three more ways that will allow you to add music to an Instagram Business account:
1. Use the original music posted by other Instagram accounts. You often see this with business profiles, and in the lower-left corner you’ll see ‘Original Audio’, instead of the artist and song name.
2. Switch your profile category to ‘entrepreneur’:
- Open your Instagram account
- Tap on ‘Edit profile’
- Edit your profile category so that it says ‘entrepreneur’
3. There is an option to hide the profile category as well. You can hide it by disabling the category label in the ‘Profile Display’ section. However, hiding the profile category will remove the category from your profile bio, so people won’t be able to know what you do.
You’ll still have a business Instagram account but without labels, and this might cause confusion for some. On the bright side, you’ll be able to use Instagram music as usual.
You might be interested in: How to Speed up a Video on Instagram
Ways to Use Audio on Instagram Story
Insta stories are entertaining, but if you want them to be unique, you need to spend some time editing them. Adding music to your story can make it ten times better.
How to add audio on Instagram?
There is one simple and quick way to use audio on your Instagram story:
- Tap the ‘+’ icon in the upper right corner of your Instagram feed
- Tap on ‘Story’
- Add a photo or video
- If it’s a video, you might want to mute it, so click on the sound button in the upper right corner of the new window
- Click on the ‘sticker’ icon
- Choose the ‘Music’ sticker
- Pick one of the recommended songs or use the search bar to find a particular song
- Once you find it, click on the song’s title
- You can customise its lyrics or pic, and with different colours, positions, and styles
- After that, you only need to decide what part of the song you want to play when people open your story, and then click ‘Done’.
How to use saved audio on Instagram story?
The process is identical to the one above, only this time, when you click on the ‘Music’ sticker, you need to tap on ‘Saved’, which will open all of the audios you’ve saved before. Simply tap the audio that you like, proceed to customise it and then post your story.
Note: Adding music on Instagram stories from the ‘Saved’ section is only available for iPhone users. Android users cannot add saved audio to Instagram stories, only reels.
Add Music From the Spotify App
You can also add music from Spotify to your Instagram Story:
- With the song playing on Spotify, click on the ‘Share’ icon
- Select the Instagram icon
- Once the song appears on your Instagram, simply press the ‘Your Story’ button
- The song will be posted on your Instagram Story
Add Music From the SoundCloud App
The process is similar to the one with Spotify:
- Open the SoundCloud App
- Select a song that you like
- Click ‘Share’
- Select the Instagram logo
- Share the song on your Instagram Story
Read this article if you’re interested in how to make money on Instagram through sponsored posts and videos, brand affiliation, and the Instagram shop.
Adding music can really enhance your Instagram reels and stories. With this guide, you’ve learned how to save music on Instagram and use it later on, no matter if you have a personal or a business account.
1. Why can’t I use saved audio on Instagram story?
Several reasons might stop you from using saved audio on your Instagram story. Check if your Instagram is up to date. If not, try updating it. The second reason might be that you’re using a business account, so try switching to a creator account to see if this makes any changes.