Saving your TikTok video as a draft that you can edit and post whenever you like is a great way to create an engaging clip and increase your reach on this mega-popular platform.
In this blog post, we will take a look at how to edit drafts on TikTok directly or by downloading them on your device, as well as how to save drafts on TikTok or delete them.
Can I Edit a Draft on TikTok?
TikTok is one of the most popular platforms in Australia, taking the country by storm thanks to its short-video content format and engaging content.
However, to be able to create clips that will get you more views, you need to save the video as a draft and work on it using the app’s video editing features until it is perfect.
Watching and editing the draft before you publish the clip can also help you ensure that the content you post is appropriate as TikTok can temporarily ban from the platform for publishing clips that violate their Community Guidelines.
Luckily, editing a draft on TikTok is possible and actually very easy to do.
How to Edit Drafts on TikTok?
To get started with editing your draft, you first need to save the video on your device (more on this below).
Once you’ve done that, here are the next steps to follow.
1. Tap the Profile icon in the bottom-right corner of TikTok.
2. Tap on the Drafts folders where all your drafts are located.
3. Tap on a draft to edit it.
At this stage, you can add music, text, captions, and effects by using TikTok’s many editing tools. Just keep pressing Back (the back arrow in the top left corner) as many times as needed to make all the editing changes you want to the clip.
You can also add hashtags and captions and change the privacy settings.
4. Save or post your edited video.
After you finish editing, you can:
- Share your video by tapping Next, and finally tapping on Post.
- Re-save the draft by again tapping Next and Draft at the bottom of the screen.
- Share it on Story by tapping Post to Story, where your followers can see it for 24 hours.
You might be interested: How do send gifts during live videos and how much do they cost?
How to Download TikTok Drafts?
To download drafts on TikTok follow these steps.
1. Select the draft you want to save or edit.
2. Change the privacy settings to Only Me. Then tap More Options on the bottom of the screen and then Save to Device.
After that tap on Post to publish the video.
This way your video will be saved to your gallery without any of the filters or effects you added during the editing process. Since it is private you will be the only one who can see it.
How to Put a Posted TikTok Video Back in Drafts?
If you want to edit the video you just saved on your device, click on the + sign and then tap the Upload button.
Upload your video and save it in Drafts.
How to Save TikTok Drafts?
As mentioned above, if you want to edit TikTok drafts, you first need to save the video in the Drafts folder.
Here is what you need to do.
1. Create a TikTok video and tap on Next when done.
2. Tap Drafts in the bottom-left corner.
After your video is saved as a draft you can edit and post it whenever you like.
Note: Your drafts are saved on your phone or tablet, so if you get a new device, you won’t be able to access them anymore.
How to Add More Clips to a TikTok Saved in Drafts?
Again, this is very easy and simple to do.
1. Tap on the + sign in the centre and then on the Upload button. Select the videos you want to upload and combine them.
2. Tap Next.
Now you can edit the clips and apply text, stickers, filters or effects. You can also make the clips shorter or longer or even rearrange the order of the videos.
Editing a TikTok clip on a PC? Here is how to choose the best computer for the job.
3. Tap Next again to adjust Privacy settings and add captions and hashtags. Then tap Post to publish the final clip.
How to Delete TikTok Drafts?
TikTok offers a very simple option to delete unwanted drafts.
1. Tap on Drafts after selecting your profile icon.
2. Tap Select on the draft you want to delete.
4. Tap on Delete.
If you want to take a more drastic option, you can delete the app and all of your saved drafts will be deleted.
So there you have it. A simple procedure that allows you to take the time to perfect your TikTok video and use it to wow your followers.
Remember: Australians spend 25 hours and 40 minutes per month watching online videos, so making the extra effort to get a flawless clip is definitely worth it.
1. How to save a draft on TikTok?
You can save a TikTok video as a draft by recording it and then tapping on Draft instead of Post.
2. Can you put a TikTok back in drafts after posting?
If you accidentally tapped on Post instead of Draft, you can put the video back in drafts. When you post it, a loading sign will appear—you need to press on it. A pop-up window will appear asking if you want to quit uploading, and if you decide to quit, the video will be saved to drafts.
3. Where are my drafts on TikTok?
You can access your drafts by tapping on the profile icon and then on the Drafts tab.
4. How to create a TikTok draft?
To create a TikTok draft you need to save the video in Drafts instead of posting it. Then follow the step-by-step procedure on how to edit drafts on TikTok outlined above and edit your clip.