If you’re a Samsung phone user, you might be wondering how to disable Samsung Pay. Luckily, it’s a relatively simple process.
In this article, we’ll walk you through all the steps so that you can disable Samsung Pay on your device in just a few minutes.
Let’s jump right in!
How to Disable Samsung Pay
In case you didn’t know, you can use Samsung Pay on your phone, but remove Samsung Pay swipe up from the home screen and lock screen. To do this, follow these steps:
- Launch the Samsung Pay app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left ⇒ Click Settings.
- Tap on Quick Access.
- Click on all three toggle buttons to disable Samsung Pay (you can disable it from the Home Screen, Screen Off, and the Lock Screen).
That’s all you have to do. It’s pretty simple, and it may take you less than a minute to do it.
How to Uninstall Samsung Pay on Samsung Galaxy Phones
If you’re no longer using Samsung Pay for some reason and want to remove it from your device, here’s how to do it:
- Go to the Settings menu on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Tap on the Applications tab.
- Select the Samsung Pay app.
- Tap Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
- You’ll be prompted to confirm the uninstallation ⇒ tap OK to proceed.
And that’s that! If you ever decide to use Samsung Pay again in the future, you can download it from the Galaxy Store – we’ll get back to that in a second.
|Note: You can also uninstall it by just long pressing on the Samsung Pay app and selecting Uninstall from the floating menu.|
How to Reinstall Samsung Pay on Samsung Phones
Whether you change your mind in the future after uninstalling it, or you just want to install the app for the first time – follow these next steps on how to reinstall Samsung Pay on your phone.
- Launch the Galaxy Store app.
- Type in Samsung Pay in the Search bar.
- Select the top app from the search results ⇒ Tap Install.
And voila! Three simple steps are all it takes to take this action. Once your installation is complete, you can set up bank cards and start using the service.
That’s it! You have now learned how to disable Samsung Pay on your smartphone. If you ever decide that you want to use it again for future transfers, just follow these same steps and re-install the app.
1. Is it safe to use Samsung Pay?
It’s safe to use Samsung Pay as long as you make sure that your phone is locked with a PIN or fingerprint scan. That way, if your phone is lost or stolen, no one can access your credit card information.
2. Why can’t I turn off Samsung Pay?
If you’re having trouble turning off Samsung Pay, try restarting your phone and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, you might want to try adjusting your phone’s settings to see if that makes a difference. You can also take a look at our short guides on how to disable Samsung Pay as well – it will take you less than a minute!