Changing your PayPal password is a good idea if you think that someone may have found out your existing one or if you just want to add an extra layer of security to your account.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll learn how to change PayPal password in no time!
How to Change PayPal Password
- Go to the official PayPal website.
- Navigate to the Summary page.
- In the upper-right corner, click on the gear-shaped icon that will take you to the Settings page.
- Click the Security tab above your name.
- Select “Update” next to “Password”.
- Confirm your present password, enter your new one twice, and then click “Change Password”.
And, as simple as that, you’ve managed to change your PayPal login credentials.
How to Reset Your PayPal Password if You Can’t Log In
If you can’t remember your PayPal password, you can reset it by following these steps:
1. On the PayPal website, go to the “Log In” page.
2. Click the “Having trouble logging in?” button.
3. Enter your email address, click “Next”, and you’ll be offered four different methods to confirm it’s really you.
4. If you opt to receive an SMS or a recovery email, you’ll receive a message with a six-digit code.
- Enter it on the website and click “Continue”.
- Create a new password in the window that appears.
5. Alternatively, you can choose to confirm your credit card number.
6. Your final option is to answer the security questions you selected when you signed up for PayPal. Simply fill out the fields correctly and you’ll be allowed to access your account.
Now that you can get into your PayPal account without a hitch, you can get back to doing business as usual.
How to Change the Security Questions on PayPal
- Go to Settings and click Security.
- Select a question from the “Security question 1” and “Security question 2” drop-down menus, then fill in the answers.
- Confirm your changes by clicking Save.
We recommend that you change your password and security questions on a regular basis just as you manage passwords on your other apps, emails, and phones. This is a good precaution and it’s best to enable two-step verification.
Bottom Line: Keeping Your Password Safe and Secure
We hope that our quick little guide has answered all of your questions and will help keep hackers at bay.
1. How do I change my password on the PayPal app?
At the moment of writing, you can’t change your PayPal password via the app. However, you can access the website via a mobile browser and log in that way.
Just open the PayPal site, go to Settings, and select Security. From there, you can update your password and security questions by following the on-screen prompts.
2. How to change a PayPal password without a phone number?
Simply go to www.paypal.com and click “Log In”. Select “Having trouble logging in” after that.
Then type in the email address you used to sign up for the service and click “Next”. Finally, pick your preferred method of resetting your password and continue.