If you have a Samsung device, it’s recommended to set a strong password and change it every once in a while to maximize protection.
But what if you can’t find the settings?
Read on to find out how to change password on Samsung phone.
How to Change Email Password on Samsung Phone: S20, S21
Samsung smartphones are a definite leader in the industry, being the absolute favourite among many consumers who wouldn’t turn to any other company, even if they experience some difficulties with the device every once in a while.
One of them could be finding and changing your email account details, which was set when you initially bought the device.
From the start, it’s recommended to connect your email with your Samsung Account, because it can provide you with easy access and synchronization of the following services:
- Samsung Pay
- Samsung Cloud Storage
- Find my Mobile
- Samsung Notes
- Samsung Health
Since the procedure for Samsung models, S20 is S21 are quite the same, we’ll cover both of them in this section of the Guide. Keep in mind that the following instructions are applicable only if you’re using the Standard Mode and the default Home Screen Layout.
To change the email password on your Samsung S20/S21 device, follow these steps:
- Access your Apps Screen from the Home Screen by swiping the display up or down;
- Tap the Settings gear icon, then navigate to Accounts and backup/Manage Accounts;
- If multiple accounts appear, choose the one for which you want to change the password;
- Tap Account settings for that email address;
- Under the Server settings section choose Incoming settings;
- Here you can find and edit your Username and Password details;
- Tap “Done” when finished.
How to Change Email Password on Samsung Phone: Galaxy S8
Launched in 2017, Samsung Galaxy S8 is one of the most popular models to this day. Extremely durable and thoughtfully designed, with a great camera quality – but some customers may however have difficulties with finding the email settings.
The same note goes for this Samsung model as well – the instructions will only be applicable if you’re using the Standard mode and the default Home Screen Layout.
This is how you can find and change your email password on Samsung Galaxy S8 phone:
- Swipe up or down the centre of Home Screen to access Apps Screen;
- Tap the Email icon;
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner;
- Tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner;
- Choose the account for which you want to change your email password;
- Tap on Server settings within the Advanced settings section;
- Within the Incoming sections settings, find and edit your Username and Password details;
- Tap “Done” when finished.
And remember that password strength is an absolute priority when setting a new password, so don’t settle for a weak combination of letters and symbols.
It’s always a good idea to have a Full-featured Android security antivirus. For many Android users, loss or theft of their phone is a much bigger worry than the possibility of a malware infection. This antivirus comes with a full contingent of anti-theft features, managed from an online console.
How to Change Email Password on Samsung Tablet
Samsung tablets are repeatedly ranked as the best ones in the industry, being reliable and durable, with a top-performing speed. They’re especially popular among parents and children.
You probably won’t have a need to change your email password often, so it’s understandable if you forget how to do it in the meantime. Don’t worry, we’ve prepared step-by-step instructions, which are so clear that even your little one could follow them with no problem at all.
If you’re using Samsung Tablet, here’s how you can change your email password:
- Go to the Apps icon from the Home screen;
- Tap the Email icon;
- Tap the Menu icon;
- Tap the Settings gear icon;
- Choose the account you wish to change the password for;
- Within the Advanced settings section click on the Exchange server settings;
- Edit your Password and click on Done when finished.
If you wish to change the password for your Samsung Account, you can do so via your browser as well. Here’s how:
- Type in “Samsung Account” in the URL search bar;
- Click on Sign in;
- Click on Find ID or Password;
- Click Reset Password;
- Enter your Samsung Account address and click Next;
- Launch your emails and select the new one sent by Samsung Account;
- Click on Reset Password;
- Choose a new password for your Samsung Account and make sure it’s a strong one – a combination of upper/lower letters, numbers;
- Click on Reset Password again and you’re done.
It’s recommended to regularly update your password, especially if you’re children are using the tablet, to ensure maximum security. Adding a Password Manager feature may enhance the quality of protection.
Because the Android operating system is becoming vulnerable and increasingly prone to bugs, it’s a good idea to have extra security and install an antivirus that supports Android devices.
It’s not unusual for Samsung users to be unable to find email settings by themselves. Especially since it differs from model to model.
In our Guide on how to change email password on Samsung phone, we’ve covered three different types of devices, which will work for most models, including tablets.
This step-by-step procedure is not complicated to follow and you can come back to this article whenever you need guidance with your Samsung email settings.
1. How do I change my email password on Samsung?
You can change your email password by navigating through your phone settings. Look for the “Accounts” section and choose the account that is connected to the email address for which you want to change the password.
2. How do I find my email password on my Samsung phone?
Your email password can be found in your Settings/Accounts section.
3. How do I change my password on my Samsung Android?
It depends on the model you have because not all Samsung devices have the same pathway to changing email passwords. Luckily, if you’re interested in how to change email password on Samsung phone, we covered three different types of models in our Guide, so you can look for a detailed answer there.