Working as a driver for one of the most popular food delivery services in Australia is a great way to add a little extra to your monthly income.
How much do UberEats drivers make in Australia in salary and tips? Is becoming an UberEats driver easy? Can you do anything to boost your average wage?
We have all the information you need.
How Much Do Uber Eats Drivers Make in Australia?
Uber Eats pay rate is between $20 and $40 per hour, with the average Uber Eats driver in Australia making $30 per hour.
How much does Uber Eats earn in Australia also depends on:
- The region where you’re working;
- Any tips you’ll earn;
- The number of deliveries;
One average order is done anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes, and for that, you can earn anywhere from 6-12$. If you calculate this daily, you’ll be making around 150$ a day, and weekly, you can earn around 400-500$.
How Does Uber Eats Earning Work?
Three main factors will determine your paycheck:
- The time that you pick up the order from the restaurant;
- The time that you drop off the order to the final address;
- The distance between the restaurant and the customer;
The amount varies depending on other factors, such as the tips you’ll earn, the time of the day that you’re delivering, and the number of deliveries you’ll make.
Who Can Benefit From the Job?
The job is perfect for anyone who looks to make some extra cash on the side, and it also works great for students who are trying to pay their expenses. However, there are some regulations regarding students working for Uber Eats.
How to Become an Uber Eats Driver?
The sign-up process is pretty straightforward, you don’t need prior experience to become a delivery driver, but you need to meet certain criteria:
- You must be over 18;
- Own some vehicle (it can be a bike or a motorized vehicle- motorbike, car);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Australian Business Number (Uber drivers are considered to have their own business, so they need an ABN);
- Internet access and a downloaded mobile app;
- An Insulated backpack for the food;
Sign up Process
To sign up, you’ll need to fill out an online form with personal detail:
- Personal information;
- ID documents;
- Valid driver’s licence;
The info processing takes around three business days, and you’re all set.
How Can You Boost Your Earnings as an Uber Eats Driver?
There are specific time frames where you’ll earn the most:
- Breakfast: 7 AM – 9 AM;
- Lunchtime: 11 AM – 3 PM;
- Dinner: 6 PM- 11 PM;
- Friday and Weekend nights;
Use a bike instead of a car:
- Car delivery will only increase your spending, as it needs to be filled with gas and maintained. Bicycle delivery is a lot cheaper. The bike will carry you from one location to another only requires physical strength making you fit. Latest food delivery statistics reveal that, as a much better alternative to cars or motorcycles, e-bike usage has increased in Melbourne’s food delivery industry.
Homemade meals instead of a restaurant:
- You’ll get occasional cravings, knowing how good the food is from certain places. But, if you can resist the temptation, you’ll save at least 100$.
Can You Make a $1000 a Week With Uber Eats?
According to the Uber Eats site, you can earn 1000$ on just 75 trips in Sydney. That would be approximately 13$ per delivery, Australia’s average pay for Uber Eats drivers, so the 1000$ sum isn’t that far.
Is It Worth It to Become an Uber Eats Driver?
There are a lot of pros and cons when it comes to becoming an Uber Eats driver:
|Easy sign-up process;||Must be over 18;|
|Be your own boss;||Must own a vehicle;|
|Get familiar with places around town;||Work hours regulations exist;|
You might be interested: Fun jobs that pay well in Australia
Bottom Line: Is Working for UberEats Worth It?
Uber Eats is a great way to earn extra money, and it’s a flexible job that won’t interfere with other commitments. Before you sign up, though, compare the salary with other delivery services—it never hurts to look into different options.