Posting on social media at the right time can significantly improve engagement and increase brand awareness.
To make the most out of your marketing campaign, let’s take a look at the best time to post on social media in Australia and the rest of the world.
Frequency of Posting on Social Media
First off, let’s get started with the recommended frequency of posting on social media:
- Facebook: 1 or 2 times a day as the average Facebook page has about 1.5 posts a day;
- Instagram: 3-7 times per week—even Instagram chief says two feed posts a week and two Stories a day are ideal;
- Twitter: 1-5 tweets a day, although posting more (if you can) is not an issue;
- LinkedIn: 1-5 times per week—keeping a low profile on Linkedin doesn’t pay off as brands that post more frequently see twice the engagement rates.
Bear in mind that too much posting can actually drop engagement, so go for the less is more approach.
Best Time to Post on Social Media Worldwide
According to social media statistics, 57.6% of the world population were active social media users in 2021 with average daily usage of 2 hours and 27 minutes.
If you want to use that time to draw the attention of users, it’s best to post on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10 am.
With that out of the way, it’s time to look into the best time to post on each of the biggest social networks.
The absolute leader among social networks with more than 2.8 million active users, Facebook is the first platform to reach one billion registered accounts. It is also Australia’s favourite social media platform.
Best Time to Post on Facebook
- Early afternoon from 1 pm to 3 pm every weekday and Saturday
This is the best time to post on Facebook as most people use their phones during work breaks. The best days to post on Facebook, as reported by Buffer, are Thursdays and Fridays—these have 18% higher engagement rates than other weekdays.
- The best time to post videos on Facebook is from 12 pm to 1 pm
Keep in mind that whenever you post on Facebook, you are competing with at least 1000 other posts and need to pay attention to the content and creativity of the post. Boosting engagement like this can help your business immensely, especially when considering the high price tag on Facebook ads.
Best Time to Post on Facebook in Australia
Experts recommend posting around 1 pm, while if you are after a better CTR, post content at 3 pm. Over the weekend, try to schedule posts between noon and 1 pm.
If you want to have even better results with your Facebook posts make sure you follow the engagement and keep an eye on:
- Facebook Page Insights to find your personal Top Engagement Times;
- check Facebook Audience Insights to see the Optimal Time Zones; and
- experiment with posting times and check your progress.
Remember 22% of Aussies chose Facebook as the most popular social media platform to shop on, making it all the more important to choose the right time to post.
Twitter has more than 320 million active users, of which 5.8 million are Australians. Research has shown that 14% of users don’t actually tweet but are on the platform only to see the latest news.
In terms of demographics, Twitter is mostly used by Australians in their 30s, while a considerable amount of Twitter users are large businesses.
Best Time to Post on Twitter
- Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm, Tuesday from 9 am to 11 am
When it comes to the hourly daily flow of Twitter, research shows the following:
- 8 am to 11 am—It’s getting busy as everybody is searching for news.
- 12 pm to 4 pm—Engagement is getting higher since people are taking time off work for their breaks.
- 5 pm to 9 pm—Engagement is drastically slowing down
- 9 PM and later—Really low engagement
Best Times to Tweet in Australia
The most popular times to post on Twitter in Australia are Thursday from 12 pm to 1 pm and the most effective day is Sunday from 10 pm to 11 pm.
Over 1.22 billion people, 10.6 million of whom are Australians, use creative hashtags, colour themes and emojis for social engagement or business promotion on Insta.
Best Time to Post on Instagram
- From 11 am till 12 pm on Sunday and Tuesday
The second best time would be at 10 am and early afternoons.
For more details, check out this table from ExpertVoice:
Best Time to Post on Instagram in Australia
Australian statistics suggest that the best time is between 10 am–11 am, 2 pm–5 pm, 8 pm with Monday as the most effective day.
Linkedin has around 810 million members across the world who use the platform to advance their careers, network and make themselves more visible to employers, customers and businesses.
Down under, LinkedIn has around 10 million+ registered users, the majority of whom (58.4%) are aged between 25 to 34.
Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8 am to 10 am and from 5 pm to 6 pm
These time slots will bring the best outcomes if you are looking for a new job and want your post to get noticed by potential employers.
Best Time to Post on LinkedIn in Australia
Best time to post on Australian LinkedIn is on Wednesday from 9 am to 12 pm.
Before You Post
You are now armed with the knowledge of when to post on social media to get maximum engagement and visibility for your brand.
All that’s left is to get your creative juices flowing and start your social media marketing campaign.
1. What is the best time to post on social media and why?
It’s recommended to post at 10 am and during the early afternoon hours from 10 am till 1 pm since most people have lunch breaks at that time and are using social media.
2. When is the highest engagement during the day?
Depends on which platform you are using, but in general, early afternoons see the highest engagement rates.
3. How to find your best time to post on social media?
Every platform has its own statistics that can show you what is the best time to post on social media. Don’t hesitate to use the analytics of the platforms and find the best slot for your time zone and target audience.