Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t offer a feature where you can mute all stories at once. Instead, you’ll have to mute the stories of each account you follow manually.
So how to mute all stories on Instagram? Let’s check it out!
How to Mute Stories on Instagram
While your friends are using the best time to post on Insta, it might be overwhelming for you to try and keep up with their life on social media. We all get annoyed when we see a hundred stories from one account.
So if you want to take a break from someone on Instagram, here is how to mute an Instagram story from your iPhone or Android device.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- On the top of your Feed, find the story of the person you want to mute.
- Tap and hold their profile picture.
- Select Mute.
- And finally, choose Mute Story.
Additionally, if you don’t want to see their posts, you can select Mute Story and Posts. You won’t see their photos, videos, and reels on your Instagram page until you turn them back on.
What Happens When You Mute Someone on Instagram?
If you mute Instagram stories, it won’t affect the other activities on your app. You will continue following each other and be able to see photos, videos, and reels you share. The person you have muted can still slide into your DMs and comment on your Insta posts.
Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about the other person finding out you have muted their stories. Instagram respects the privacy of its users and won’t notify the other person that you have muted their stories.
Do you want to stand out from the crowd? Try out some of these captions for Insta selfies and photos!
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram
Now that you know how to mute someone on Instagram, let’s see what you should do if you change your mind.
- On the top of your Feed, where the stories are located, scroll to the far right.
- You will see the stories of all the accounts you have muted.
- Find the person you want to unmute and hold the profile picture.
- Select Unmute Story.
- You might also be interested in:
- Is There a Limit to Tagging on Instagram: 2022 Guide
- How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Instagram: The Complete Guide
There you have it! Since Instagram stories can sometimes be a bit much to handle, muting stories on Instagram is straightforward; it only takes two clicks to stop seeing someone’s stories.
Just follow our detailed step-by-step guide on how to mute all stories on Instagram, and remember, you can unmute some accounts whenever you want.
1. Can you tell if someone has muted you on Instagram?
No, there is no way you can find out when someone has muted you on Insta. However, depending on your choice, muting someone on Instagram means you will only stop seeing their posts or stories.
2. When you mute someone on Instagram, can they still message you?
Yes, you will still follow each other and send texts. Muting someone on Instagram means you will only stop seeing their posts or stories, depending on your choice.
3. How to mute all stories on the Instagram Lite app?
To mute Instagram stories on the Instagram Lite app, you should tap and hold on the profile picture of the person you want to mute, select Mute and choose whether you want to mute only their stories or their stories and posts altogether.