Are you considering cancelling your Amazon Prime subscription? Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by the cost or simply aren’t using the membership benefits, it’s important to understand how to cancel Amazon Prime in Australia.
We’ll outline the steps you need to take to cancel Amazon Prime from your browser and directly from the app.
Let’s get started!
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Browser
Amazon has over 2 million Australian Prime members using free and fast delivery, enjoying Prime Video, Music, Reading and much more. The monthly subscription to the service is $6.99, or you can pay an annual membership of $59.
But it might come a time when you decide to cancel Amazon Prime Australia. Whatever your reason, you can do it by following these steps.
- Sign into your Amazon Prime Account.
- Open the Account and Lists drop-down menu.
- Go to Your Prime Membership.
- You will be redirected to a page with your membership details. On the right side of the page, click on End Membership.
- Confirm that your want to cancel your Prime membership by clicking on Continue to Cancel.
- Verify once again that you want to cancel Amazon Prime by selecting End Now.
- You will receive a message that your Amazon Prime unsubscribe process has been successfully finished.
Did you know that Amazon is one of Australia’s most popular e-commerce applications, with 37.3 million visits?
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership on Mobile App
If you are unsatisfied or do not use the benefits enough, you can cancel your Amazon Prime subscription directly from the app, and here’s how.
- Open the Amazon app on your phone.
- Click on the three lines.
- Go to Your Account.
- Open Prime Membership in the Account settings section.
- Click on Manage Membership.
- Tap on End membership.
- Confirm your choice, and your membership will be cancelled.
You might be interested: Does Amazon App have a dark mode?
How to Cancel Amazon Prime in Australia Before Free Trial Ends?
If you have tried out the Amazon Prime free trial, but it didn’t meet your expectations, you should cancel it before it ends and avoid getting charged for a full Amazon Prime Membership.
You can cancel your Prime free trials by following the same steps as unsubscribing to the Prime account. You’ll need to open your account, go to Prime Membership and select End Trial and Benefits.
You can still use the benefits of the account until the free trial period ends, even if you cancel your Prime account.
How to Cancel Prime Video Australia
So how can you end your subscription to the second most used video streaming service in Australia?
If you use Prime Video Australia as one of the benefits of the Amazon Prime account, you won’t be able to access the streaming service when you cancel your Amazon Prime. Additionally, you can cancel your Prime Video subscription but keep using the other services of the Prime account by editing your membership.
But if you have subscribed to the benefit by itself, you can cancel Amazon Prime Video by opening the Account and Settings section, going to the Your Account tab and clicking on End Membership.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime in Australia and Get a Refund?
To be eligible for a full refund when you cancel your Prime membership, you should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a paid member
- Haven’t made an Amazon Prime order with free delivery, and
- Didn’t use other Prime benefits like Prime Video, Prime Music and Prime Reading.
If you are entitled to a membership refund, you can get it by cancelling your Amazon Prime account, and the total amount will be transferred to your account in three to five business days.
Are you interested in getting free delivery, special discounts, and member-only deals from a different e-commerce company? Find out if eBay Plus is worth it.
You can cancel Amazon Prime Australia anytime by opening the Prime Membership settings and selecting End Membership. Moreover, you will automatically get a full refund if you haven’t used the Prime benefits.
You might be interested in Ways to deactivate Netflix Account.
1. Can I cancel Amazon Prime immediately?
Yes, you can manage your Amazon Prime by going to the Your Account section, Prime membership and clicking that you want to end your subscription.
2. Can you cancel Amazon Prime at any time?
Yes, you can cancel a paid or a free trial of Amazon Prime whenever you want.
3. Is it hard to cancel Amazon Prime?
If you know how to cancel Amazon Prime Australia, it is a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes. All you need to do is go to your account, open your Prime Membership and cancel it.